Wednesday 25 March 2009

i want to be a forester


Directed my first movie at VCA! It's called "Blow up" but has nothing to do with Antonioni. Think instead a deadpan romantic comedy with an excessive number of balloons. There are copyright issues if I post it online but I'm thinking that once it's edited, I might host it on here for a day as a sort of internet exclusive. This should work but I'll need to be careful to remove it before word gets back to the head honchos at school. 
One night only! Watch this space! I might even make an indulgent teaser trailer.

One day, I'll make something this beautiful:
 

Otherwise, I'm eagerly contemplating my next home with like minded friends. Le Student 8 is a joke that isn't funny anymore. I get the official boot on the 6th of May but I'm itching to move now. This potential candidate is tempting me to ditch my current doldrum address, with or without the deposit. It's the doll house I never had! I need to smoke on that Balcony! I need to warm myself by that wood stove! I need to play house and cook again. I've forgotten what it's like to chop vegetables, so based in cans is my current diet. 

&

I discovered Bruce Conner and his fabulous rhythmic montage at Melbourne Cinematheque today.  His work was "clinically and deliriously" preoccupied with working found footage into kinesthetically engaging short films, celebrating narrative cinema while self-consciously deconstructing it. There's a lot to say about it but bed is beckoning. Effectively? There's much to dig.

No comments:

Post a Comment