Monday 30 March 2009

As March draws to a close

  • Finally settled on the bodycare cocktails to mark my time in Melbourne. Angelica! Danelion! Mistletoe! Avocado! Rose hip! Oh my!
  • More film shoots. Such an amazing amalgamation of strange tasks, including: stringing together giant musical notes, chasing a man with a umbrella, coughing up a twig, a butterfly and a car key, in that order. Ah yes, the return to zero budgets and junk food catering... 
  • Slowly sussing different ways home in the evening. Melbourne is expanding by the day.
  • Beautiful houses that make me loath my current lodgings further. Peter Greenaway, home-made comics and the pungent smell of Dove soap. A boy making architecture models in a room full of pantings and fascination.
  • The thought of spending time with someone kind and sharing things with the ease and comfort of lovers makes me wobble and dream again.
  • Missing people all over the world. The dancer in London and the climber in Baltimore. The snap-happy Croatian with the beautiful mind. The boy with the remarkable mole in Washington, who gave up hope of a reunion months ago. My dear darling petite one, Sophie. Above all, I miss her.
  • Thinking too much. Watching beautiful things as a distraction.

1 comment:

  1. i like the freudian slip. or maybe your blog is just very intimate.

    i.

    ReplyDelete