Monday 19 January 2009

Next stop MELBOURNE



My dad worked out the odds were 43 to 1 against it, but somehow my karma boat has finally come in and I've been accepted as one of the 12 undergrad students to study film at VCA! I totally pulled a Duckie when I got word - Goodbye shitty Grimsby! I'll miss your fish n' chip suppers but little else.


There's so much to organize before I start at the end of February, I'm bowled over. My life had been on hold waiting to hear how I got on but now it's been jammed into first gear and much shit is to be done. Find a place to live! Rediscover my summer wardrobe! A trip to London to bid my English darlings adieu! I have to watch 2 series of the Wire!
Had i been rejected I was facing a year at home doing a most likely rewarding London University correspondence law degree but I'm A LOT happier starting afresh down under, continuing, against all common sense and my threshold for exhaustion, to make movies. I have family over there so it's not my usual drastic sea change but this is serious stuff all the same. 

My birthday was a bit of a mixed bag and I'll write about it once I've come down from my current high... hot damn, my life restarts NOW!

2 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAYYYYY.
    I told you Victoria College of Art was the bomb! Also, you know to expect a visit from me at some point once I get fabulously wealthy off of grad school student loans, right? Melbourne is one of my favorite cities.
    ALSO: What DIDN'T you get for your bday that you want me to get you? I'm holding off sending you a complete (and vastly late) package until I hear word.
    LOVELOVELOVEBIRTHDAYLOVE,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete